Welcome to the web site for the Olympic Peaks Camera Club, serving the North Olympic Peninsula of Washington State, including Forks, Port Angeles, Port Townsend, Sequim, and surrounding communities.
CLUB MEETINGS are held 2nd and 4th Thursday evenings at 7 pm, January through October, and once in November in the old sanctuary (rear building) of the Dungeness Community Church, at Sequim-Dungeness Way & Eberle Ln., about 4 miles north of Washington Street in Sequim. December we hold our Christmas party and awards event.
We also go on monthly photographic outings (members see bulletin board for details.)
- The first meeting of the month alternates from print and digital image critiques and then competitions.
On critique months a moderator will lead the critque of the photo with imput from the photographer on the objective. Club members give input and are free to ask questions. The photographer should be ready to share the metadata of the shot.
On competition months, outside judges score the photographs and share their opinions at the meeting. Scores from these competitions determine the Photographer of the year in each skill level A or B.
- While guests are encouraged to attend, one must be a member to enter images.
- The second meeting of the month features guest presenters or photographic workshops.
MEMBERSHIP is open to anyone interested in digital or print photography. Membership Dues are $35 for individuals, or $50 for a family per year.
Guests and new members are always welcome.
If you have a question, please ask a member. This is a “people club”. We want everyone to feel at home and enjoy our activities. If it isn’t fun, why have a club?
CLUB PURPOSE: To promote interest and enhance skill in photography among friends. Our members:
- Work in both print and digital imaging.
- Compete on assigned and other subjects with in-club competitions and helpful commentaries by experienced photographers.
- Assist one another in improving our photographic skills with workshops, guest presentations and one-on-one mentoring.
- Take group photo field trips, attend Northwest Council of Camera Clubs conventions, and seminars.
- Compete in PSA and NW Council of Camera Clubs contests.
- Enjoy travelogues, nature programs
- …and much more.
Olympic Peaks Camera Club is member of the Photographic Society of America (PSA), and the Northwest Council of Camera Clubs (NWCCC).
FOR MORE INFORMATION about the club, please contact: OPCC4info@gmail.com
MEMBERS-if you have forgotten the password to enter members only pages email me above and I will send it to you!
We have new officers on our board
President – Valerie Henschel 360 808-7743
Vice President – Rebecca Hanson
Treasurer/Secretary -Jon Swensson and Tim O’neil
Competition Chair -OPEN
Projection Chair -Jim Hagen
Social Media and Membership Chair-Colleen Bittner